We are delighted to announce that on Wednesday 27th June, we will host a 1 day conference on the theme of Municipal Socialism in the 21st century. This will take the form of a dialogue between researchers, policy actors and urban activists. We expect to organise round-table discussions over the course of the day around a cluster of themes, including:
- Whither municipal socialism in the 21st century?
- The feminisation of urban power and resistance (especially in the aftermath of 8-M)
- The return of the left: implications for community organising and coproduction
- The local state as agent of resistance and transformation
- Trade unions: bringing the organised working class back into urban politics.
We will have only a small number of slots for panellists, but if you are interested in speaking on one of these themes, please email email@example.com with a brief description of your contribution. We will send out further details, and information about registration in due course.